Refresh Your Space With New Prints in 2023!
You’ve flipped the calendar to 2023, so you probably put your festive, seasonal decor and decorations away until next year. Unfortunately, that can leave your interior space feeling a bit empty. What better way to refresh your space than with new prints?
Not only are prints a stylish way to inject personality and expression into your home, but they work in every room–from the bathroom to the living room and everything in between.
From the classic landscape to the one-of-a-kind digitally altered photograph, prints encompass various colors, themes, and image types. Best of all, they’re easy to care for–and museum-quality prints can last up to 100 years or more!
Let’s look at some creative ways to liven up your home decor with stylish, modern prints and refresh your space for the new year!
Liven Up Any Room With a New Print!
You might think of a print as a conversation starter, perfect for the entrance to your home. What better way to break the ice when a guest walks through the door than to marvel at your unique wall art?
What’s more, a series of prints in the hallway beyond the front door can even tell a story–and introduce your guests to your design aesthetic.
Best of all, framed art prints can liven up any room, breathing new life into a space suffering from the culture shock of taking down your holiday decorations.
Unlike your holiday decorations, prints can stay up all year!
Of course, you can spice up your existing holiday decor with more holiday-themed prints, but you can also add year-round flair and flavor to the living room, bedroom(s), kitchen, bathroom(s), and more!
Tips and Tricks to Decorate Your Space With Wall Art
The only thing worse than a blank wall is struggling to fill a blank space with the perfect decor.
How do you choose something that not only illustrates your personality but improves the aesthetic feel of the space?
Here are a few helpful tips!
- Choose a common theme: whether it’s a color combination, style, or print material, strive to link your decor with something in common. Not only will it look better but it will make your space feel more cultured and complete.
- Play around with the arrangement: how you place things initially doesn’t have to be how they stay forever. Choose a format that suits your style–maybe you want to save your favorite piece from being one of the first (or last) things you see when you walk into a room. Be creative!
- Express yourself (authentically): Don’t just decorate, so you have something on the walls. Look for unique pieces that show off the authentic you. When you choose prints that make you feel good, you’re livening up your space without knowing it!
- Evoke a feeling: emotions are the core of the human condition. From joy to empathy and everything in between, wall decor can evoke various emotions. Be sure to pick pieces that make you feel what you want.
- Use a variety of frame styles (or don’t!): Whether you want to mix and match frame styles and media (wood, metallic, colored, etc.) or not, variety (or consistency) can give a room the vibe you’ve been looking for. Again, be creative!
- Make the most of negative space: from awkward corners to awnings to nooks, everyone’s home is different–and unique. Hanging a unique piece of wall art–like a modern print–can turn a tricky space into a place of beauty!
Caring For Your New Prints
Whether you’re an avid collector or just bought your first print, you want to ensure your investment is protected.
Good news: if handled correctly, museum-quality prints can last up to 200 years–or more!
So what does handled correctly mean exactly?
Here are a few helpful tips to keep your new prints in tip-top condition for many years to come!
- Keep your prints out of direct sunlight and artificial lighting. This is one of the most common mistakes art owners make, but exposure to light can manipulate the chemicals in your print and distort, warp, fade, or damage the colors.
- Though prints are typically matted and/or backed with acid-free materials, make sure they’re framed between acid-free mat boards. If they’re not currently on display, store them safely in a cool, dry place (away from air ducts).
- Avoid handling prints with your bare hands. The oils in your skin can damage the printing material and leave smudges or other imperfections. When possible, use gloves when handling.
- When storing loose prints, they should never be placed so that the faces of two prints directly face one another. Store them horizontally in separate, acid-free folders.
- Don’t try to mount or matte your fine art prints by yourself. Always have them professionally dry-mounted and or matted with archival quality, acid-free materials.
- When cleaning your fine art prints, simply dust and clean the frame with the appropriate cleaner. Never spray anything directly onto the frame. Instead, apply the proper cleaning solution to a rag or towel and clean gently.
Make Your Space Uniquely You!
The best way to get over the post-holiday funk is by falling in love with your new home decor!
Check out our selection of beautiful fine art prints from uniquely talented artists and photographers all over the globe, and turn every room in your home into the space you’ve been craving!